crisis of faith (or, let me eat cake)

I have been SO GOOD over the month. I have been eating incredibly well, mostly staying between 1500-1700 kCals/day. (Only two days I broke it, and they were planned.) I have not been drinking alcohol. I work out with Cody 3x/week, and I do cardio 3x/week on my own. I have upped the intensity on my cardio.

And still ... I cannot break 148 lbs. And that's naked in the morning before breakfast. (Sorry for the graphic image. Oh, wait. No I'm not.) On my assessment on Saturday, I'll be clothed after breakfast, so I won't even make my 'below-150' goal.

My point is -- why do I bother being good?

*sigh*

I'm exaggerating for effect, of course. I know why. But some days it's really frustrating.

This, of course, is where Mom or Dad would helpfully pipe in with, "Well, kiddo, no one ever said life was fair."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey I know you probably already know this, but remember that with all the working out you're doing, you're probably gaining a lot of muscle. and muscle is heavy...
perhaps measuring yourself would be more satisfying and true to what is going on.
good luck !
i've lost 10 pounds since two months ago.
you inspired me to start working out regularyly again !
Anonymous said…
regularyly. that's right.
Anonymous said…
That's true, doll - thx for the reminder!

And good for you, hot-stuff!!! It's exciting, no? YES!
Anonymous said…
Well kiddo ......... life isn't fair!
love ya mom & dad
Anonymous said…
What I try to remind myself is that it's not the numbers on the scale that matter so much...

It's the way my body feels, the way my clothes fit (or being forced to buy new, cuter, smaller sizes), the visible muscle definition, the energy, the emotional and psychological boost of looking and feeling fitter (and hotter!) and better.

Don't let some random numbers on a scale take away the pleasure in what you've accomplished and worked so hard to attain. You'll get there.

Popular posts from this blog

... and a gun to go with it

de plane! de plane!

well, just don't