starting line (late on 1st day of detox)

Before our detox (naked in the morning after "relieving ourselves" but before eating or drinking anything):
Monkey = 181 lbs.
Me = 148 lbs.
... we'll see what happens as we go.

Today, I have had frequent ... well, not really cravings. They aren't focused enough to be cravings. More like urges - half-formed thoughts of what I might decide to eat before I come to my senses and remember that I won't be eating at all. The only challenging part about today (so far) is trying to stay in the moment. I start to get a little crazy when I think about not eating for 2 whole weeks. I mean, who am I kidding?! I freakin' love to eat. Why in the world would I choose to do this detox? I have gone mad! I start to hyperventilate a little, and then I calm down and realize I only need to concentrate on the next 2 hours.

I expect that to get worse over the next 2 days, and then taper off. It will be my greatest obstacle, I think.

I haven't felt actual hunger at all. These drinks come every two or so hours, so by the time I'd really start to feel hungry, I get to drink another one. They aren't bad; I actually like the taste. Favorites are already emerging; ones I can tell I'll look forward to and also ones I will drink as quickly as possible to get it over with. But none of them are hateful.

I have had an underlying headache since about 1pm. Not too bad; only slightly distracting. I took a nap at about 2:30p. Could not keep my eyes open. I set the alarm to make sure I didn't get off-schedule, and woke up at 3:15p. Kicked back again in bed after that and did some crosswords until I fell asleep (again!).

Obviously, my method today is to take is slow & easy. I am going to take advantage of the evening sun and take a walk right now. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I swear, people ... if Monkey & I make it through this, then anyone can do it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What products are you using for the powders ? Is it a kit ?
I 've had a fresh start kit from the herbalist for months . and it's not even as intense as you. it's only cutting certain things and taking some special drops and teas and i still haven't gotten myself to do it.
the idea of just dropping coffee kills me.
heh.
good luck !
yay for you and the monkey !
Anonymous said…
The distraction and food/eating obsession thing is part of why I don't think I could do it.

Especially working mostly from home, where it's hard to escape the fridge and pantry. I have to pass through the kitchen to get to the office in the basement, and I dont' know if I would have the willpower to eat nothing but the shakes for two weeks.

Having your sweetie do it with you would also make it a little easier. Moral support and less temptation and all that.

Maybe I'll get inspired and follow your lead. Either way, you're my hero!
Anonymous said…
Thanks you two -- I really appreciate the moral support!

Boo -- it's a 13-day program through Whole Food Farmacy called the Liquithon. I'm just about to link to it on the side-bar, so click if you're interested.

Suzanne -- the same worry for me. I really like to eat. Not just for food, but as social activity. Mark & I truly love it. In some ways, I felt like this program might be easier since it was a complete departure from my lifestyle. If it were merely a modification, I feel like I would almost certainly self-justify cheating. Does that make sense?

With this one, if I cheat, it's crystal clear that I've cheated and I'll have to recognize said cheating for what it is; rather than be able to gloss it over or ignore it.

Which is not to say that "cheating" is out of the question. It may happen yet. And if it does, I promise full disclosure.

Popular posts from this blog

... and a gun to go with it

de plane! de plane!

well, just don't