McCain the heartbreaker

I have not agreed with McCain much of the time since I started paying attention to him (in his failed bid for the White House), but he was someone that I learned to respect greatly. "There's a thinking man," I said to myself. "Goshdarnit, we may not agree, but he has integrity. He actually thinks. I think we'd be okay if he were elected." Oh, if wishes were horses ...

The current John McCain is a shell of the previous John McCain, and I am sad when I see him speak now. As I watched his acceptance speech at the RNC, I wanted SO BAD to see the McCain I'd come to admire. As much as I want this whole right-wing fiasco of a goverment to collapse under the weight of its own lies, I wished with all I had that the real John McCain, the one hiding deep down inside, would burst through and show what he used to made of.

I may have cried. At least I felt like it. I want Obama to win so badly it's stupid to even talk about, but I still want the aliens to return McCain.

Anyway, I'm not expressing anything new or intriguing or provocative. If I'd cared to count, I would've already lost count of the number of my liberal friends who feel the same way. And I guess not just them ... Here's a fiercely independent, conservative-leaning blogger who nails it for me: Andrew Sullivan in The Atlantic.com: "McCain's Integrity"

IN OTHER NEWS:
I'm back! I think. Maybe. Lotsa changes; lotsa thinking and poking around at various aspects of my life & being. Existential for sure, but no angst involved. It turns out I like to process before I write, rather than while I'm writing. There's been much in my life to process, and therefore no writing. If you're still there, then: Hi stranger!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Welcome back stranger. My daily RSS check has finally proved fruitful! Don't disappear so long next time.
Christopher said…
Ditto. We've missed ye.
(egg) said…
Hey boys! Somehow, I knew it'd be the two of you. Warms the cockles of my heart! love, P.

Popular posts from this blog

... and a gun to go with it

well, just don't

de plane! de plane!