the rule of 3 - a birthay recap

9:30am Early morning crank call. A whispering woman who didn't want to wake up her boyfriend asked me to guess who she was. I hate that shit, but I stayed on the line because it was my b-day and I thought it might be a friend of mine fucking with me and I wanted to act like a good sport. She knew my name and she did tell me her(?) name (which I didn't recognize, and which I won't disclose here because I suspect it was false). She said we had mutual friends; that she's never felt this way about a woman before; and did I want to hear about the dream she'd just had about me? No, thank you. *click* Lucky me. Jesus. What, am I 19 again?

1:15pm Our neighbor Don came by when we were almost ready to ditch for the weekend. He was going into shock and needed sugar. Holy moly. Knowing nothing about diabetes, we had no idea whether that sounded right or not. We took him at his word, and Shoogie cut up a pear and gave it to him immediately, and gave him the rest of our stash of fruit for later. I was in the shower, and Shoogs hung out in the hall and talked to him for awhile. He wept almost the entire time, and was visibly upset that we were going to be gone for 2 nights. Awesome.

2:35pm We missed the 2:30 ferry.

Since bad things come in 3s, the whole rest of our weekend in Port Townsend was amazing.

Comments

Shoo shoo said…
HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! OK, it sounds like a challenging one, but yay for a Port Townsend weekend!
Unknown said…
I was afraid you were going to say you got the 24 hour vomit bug that was going around. It hit me mid-day on Dec 31. Yuck.

Yay, Port Townsend, though!
(egg) said…
Thanks, Shannon!

Suzanne - jeez, thank god I didn't get that. Shoogie got it about 2 weeks earlier, and I've been fortifying myself ever since.

Popular posts from this blog

... and a gun to go with it

de plane! de plane!

well, just don't